We are a very Harry family. Harry Potter, that is. So when we needed a new plan for improving attitude and behaviour in our house I decided to to try out the method used at Hogwarts: House Points. Each child starts the week with ten jewels. Whenever they do anything excellent they get a house point (for example: doing something kind, having a great attitude, quick obedience). If they do anything inadvisable they lose a house point. On Friday night we count the points. Whichever child has the most gets to pick the movie for Family Movie Night, and everyone receives a dime for every jewel they have. Our kids rarely got more than 15 jewels, but you could have a graduated system where they get an extra snack with their movie if they get 20 jewels and get to stay up later if they get 30 jewels, etc.
- Wine Glasses
- Card Stock
- Draw an outline of a badge.
- Have the children colour them however they want.
- Cut it out. (It’s easier for them to colour it if you cut it out after it’s coloured).
- Roll pieces of tape and put on the back of the paper.
- Stick Badges onto the glass.
- Put ten jewels into each glass.
All you have to do now is add jewels! Hopefully you won’t have to take away too many!